In this article you will see how you can publish your Windows desktop application on the web. Winflector has a very potent feature – you can use the Winflector HTTP Server with the HTML5 Client in order to make your software available on a webpage to any HTML5 enabled browser. This way, you can migrate your desktop application to a web application without any additional work.
The first step is publishing your application through the Winflector configurator in the Applications window. Now you need to enable the Winflector HTTP Server.
How to enable the Winflector HTTP Server?
In order to publish your application through the Winflector software, you need to enable the Winflector HTTP Server.
- Open the Winflector configurator.
- Go to Options.
- Check the Enable internal HTTP server box.
- Click the Configure WEB interface button.
- Choose the port number. Default 80 is ok if the server is not running another HTTP server.
- Choose the options. If you want to be able to use the HTML5 client, check the ‘Run in browser’ button box.
- Save the configuration.
- You’re done.
How to use the application with the Winflector Web Client?
The basic config was simple. Connecting to the application is even more so.
- Navigate to the server’s URL with your browser of choice.
- Log in to the server using credentials configured on the server.
- Click on the Run in browser button under the desired application.
- A browser window will open, containing the application.
This way, you can run your desktop application in the browser.