The why – using Winflector for your goals
Winflector is an application used for application virtualization and remote access, as well as application centralization. Some ways in which Winflector helps you achieve your objectives:
- Centralize and virtualize apps, streamlining your operations
- Cut licensing costs on both the applications and remote access software
- Get your desktop apps running on the web (and in the cloud)
- Enable your customers to work remotely on your application
- Use your applications from any web enabled device
These points are further elaborated upon in this article showing the Winflector strong sides and are the typical applications. The app is potent and with some imagination less typical uses might also be of benefit.
The how – Winflector Basics or making your way around the software fast
Articles and video guides for step by step Winflector configuration. First of all, it is recommended to follow the bare bones articles, and once these are done or you need some additional guidance, go over the recommended section. If you run into issues, check the support section.
While you might just read the articles and watch the videos, it is recommended to actually do what they teach. It is best to start with a small install (even the free one), or a small part of the production environment. This way you’ll get the hands on experience necessary for a full scale deployment. It is easy and fast to do.
Bare bones (under 30 minutes):
- How to install and configure the Winflector Server?
- How to put Winflector into autostart?
- How to set up authentication with Winflector?
- How to deploy Winflector – retail and wholesale?
- How to print through Winflector?
- How to access client files from the remote application? Using the filesystem mapping.
- How to resolve typical Winflector issues?
- How to write a good support query so that your issues get resolved fast?
- How to run fast remote access on a slow connection? Minimizing network requirements.
- How to use COM ports with Winflector (fiscal printers and the like)?
- How to set up your own cloud? Winflector farms.
What do I do – The smart Winflector testing process
It is a priority for OTC for you to be satisfied with the software. If you don’t like how it works on your setup, they don’t want your money. In order to make sure that it works under your conditions, you need to test it. What we recommend is:
- Establish the list of applications you will need.
- Get the free Winflector. Follow the instructions to set up your applications on the server.
- Check how they work using all the clients you anticipate using. Check out the available Winflector clients.
- If you like the performance, you’re ready for a large scale test. Of course, if you are going to run a small installation, testing on the free version will be enough.
- Contact OTC using their contact form, ask for a Winflector test license for as many simultaneous devices as you intend to use.
- Once you’ve gotten the test license, do a full, or at least a significant deployment.
- Run your normal operations for some time, while using Winflector. This is significant, as it might discover issues you haven’t predicted or that didn’t come up in small scale testing.
- After some time, when you’re reasonably confident that it works right for you, go ahead and buy it here.
Of course, some issues might come up during testing. First of all, consult our troubleshooting guide. Also, you can just hit up the Winflector support, just make sure you include the appropriate details.
Leave a Reply